Lets Make Situational Awareness An Everywhere Thing
Presentation IS important!
So much is made about situational awareness for personal defense. The need to recognize who and what is around you to keep yourself and family safe. Developing skills to help you determine who are threats, what are environmental conditions, where are exit/escape routes are part of personal protection skills that go far beyond the physical […]
If you don’t believe that the way your present everything is important, then think about this… This comes from part of the lecture that Senior Chief Master Marshall Parnell gave during the Fall 2022 Midwest Haidong Gumdo testing & training. The full post is an expansion upon the concept and not completely from Kwanjangnim Parnell. […]
This statement is very true! This happens all over the place in physical and intellectual ways. The problem is that too many people are comfortable just coasting along. It takes less work to complete tasks and projects when you’re naturally adept at those skills. It can also be a lullaby convincing you that it is […]
How can you teach?
I see myself as a martial arts teacher that hasn’t gone completely into the commercialized version of the industry. Teaching first, making money second. When life changed a year ago, I had to create something new. Part of that change has been to move away from security work and pursue a different management oriented route.This […]
Focus Your Energy
I really enjoy helping people along their martial arts path. I gain energy and renewed excitement for my training. There are also many, many insights gained from hearing students comment or describe their thoughts. Even learning new, maybe improved, ways to “talk” my experiences to students. The most innocent problem that can arise is when […]
Martial Artist or just playing?
Learn how to use the Hero’s Journey to bring greater happiness and success to your career and life!
Do you practice the most important part of your martial art(s) daily? Do you know what that part is? Over my 35 years of martial arts training, I’ve had several teachers from several martial arts tell me that the physical techniques are only 10% of the art. So what is in the other 90%? We […]
This is probably one of the best saying that I’ve seen for how the martial arts should be taught. Well, all education for that matter but that is for another post. There is a lot of discussion about how to teach according to the best learning style for the student. Which may or may not […]
Help wanted — Martial Arts Instructor – Tae Kwon Do-EDE01156 Description: Our team of Martial Arts Instructors works to provide entertaining and educational athletic programs for our members. Utilize your excellent customer service skills and passion for martial arts in this exciting position! As a Marital Arts Instructor, you will teach new skills to members […]