Minnesota International University’s Global Business
Non-Profit & Parks & Recreation Managements and Martial Arts
General Education Requirements (Minimum: 49 credits)
- Introduction to College Life – 1 credit (required of all in-coming students)
- Communication – 9 credits
- Social Sciences – 9 credits
- Humanities – 9 credits
- Math – 6 credits
- Natural sciences – 6 credits
- World Language – 9 credits
- English as Second Language (ESL) – Maximum of 6 credits (ESL for non-native English speakers only)
BA Global Business Core (Minimum: 47 credits)
- Minimum of 39 credits required in Core Business Courses
- PLUS Internships – 2 credits (1 internship each year)
Degree Concentration (Minimum: 24 credits)
- Taekwondo (24 credits)
- 395a Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 1 White and Yellow – 3 credits
- 395b Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 2 Orange and Green – 3 credits
- 395c Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 3 Purple and Blue – 3 credits
- 395d Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 4 Brown and Brown Stripe – 3 credits
- 495a Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 5 Red – 3 credits
- 495b Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 6 Red Stripe – 3 credits
- 495c Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 7 Chodan 1 – 3 credits
- 495d Martial Arts Taekwondo Course 8 Chodan 2 – 3 credits
- Haidong Gumdo (24 credits)
- 396a Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 1 White and Yellow – 3 credits
- 396b Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 2 Green and Purple – 3 credits
- 396c Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 3 Blue and Brown – 3 credits
- 396d Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 4 Red and Red Stripe – 3 credits
- 496a Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 5 Chodan 1 – 3 credits
- 496b Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 6 Chodan 2 – 3 credits
- 496c Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 7 Chodan 3 – 3 credits
- 496d Martial Arts Haidong Gumdo Course 8 Chodan 4 – 3 credits
Minnesota International University
MIU is registered as a degree granting authority by Minnesota Office of Higher Education. It began offering courses in January 2013. It is currently working on the voluntary accreditation of its programs. This will be finalized once the required number of courses have been taught and the minimum number of students have graduated.
NOTE: Accreditation only benefits the student in that they can seek Federal financial aid and have greater potential to transfer credits. Waiting for accreditation does NOT affect the legitimacy of the degree earned.
Please feel free to contact me regarding how your experience can be applied toward the degree. Accelerated semesters are available to those with previous experience and distance programming is available.
If you have questions about admissions and costs, please contact the university.
If you have any questions about the curriculum, please contact me!